iOS App Suggestions (ovpn file list filters, favorites and more connection options)

This is where we can discuss what we would like to see added or changed in OpenVPN.
Baraka13
OpenVpn Newbie

iOS App Suggestions (ovpn file list filters, favorites and more connection options)

Post by Baraka13 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:56 pm

Greetings everyone,

I've been using .ovpn files on OpenVPN for quite a while now. The new iOS App brought some great improvements (specially UI and proxy options). While using the new app I thought about some maybe useful ideas for the app...
  1. Filtering/Ordering options for .ovpn file list (right now they're listed as they're included, changed or used for connection, it gets a little bit messy);
  • Favorite list (getting them to stay on top of other files and/or filtering to show just these files);
/\ I'm not sure but I don't think these two are hard to implement.
  • There should be a way to autoconnect to a determined ovpn file depending on the network I'm connected to. For example, I use VPN on 3 different occasions (at home on a "free" wifi, 'free' as in 'not blocked'; outside on cellular; and at work on a blocked wifi (I'm not here to be judged)). I wish the app could automatically switch from a connected ovpn file using its configured proxy (at work) to another predetermined one that does not connect through proxy as I go out on cellular connection and then switch off when I connect to my home wifi (as I normally use IKEv2/IPSec);
\/
Work Wifi -> Server1.ovpn (through proxy)
Cellular -> Server2.ovpn (no proxy)
Home Wifi -> Turned off

LeahCruz
OpenVpn Newbie

Re: iOS App Suggestions (ovpn file list filters, favorites and more connection options)

Post by LeahCruz » Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:52 am

This is really helpful post. I love this post thanks !