HELP

Scripts to manage certificates or generate config files

Moderators: TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech

Bigone
OpenVpn Newbie

HELP

Post by Bigone » Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:59 pm

Hello guys i was passing here because i'm new with this i just started using the VPN for my desktop pc a few months ago i had how can i say it a "provider" someone who used to give me the certificates or updates i don't know the exactly name because i'm not too much related with this what happened was that i was loosing the connection at the end of every week and he told me that they already changed the server and he transferred me the file with the certificate and and the ovpn file including a text document with the user and pass but he stop sending me the info so i lost my internet connection but i was searching on the web until i get this page and i notice that i can get that info by myself but i have some question can you guys please help me?

how to i get that file containing the certificate and the other file and the use and password ? where do i have to download it ?

do i have to update that info every week?

i know how update i download the file decompress the file then copy/paste the new file and certificate to get the connection but he used to send me the username and password in a text file and i didn't have to manually type them because it automatically connects so i downloaded a file from an external page and i seems that it worked but it always ask me the user and pass how do i make this automatically so it can connect without asking me the username and password ?

thanks in advance this will be very helpful for an amateur person like me.