Two public networks

Business solution to host your own OpenVPN server with web management interface and bundled clients.
Shashi Kanth
OpenVpn Newbie

Two public networks

Post by Shashi Kanth » Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:08 pm

I have installed latest version of openvpn-as.1.8.3 on a Linux box.

eth0 -> Connected to one public network. There is no firewall on this network.
eth1 -> Connected to another public network. There is a firewall on this network.

The VPN Server and Admin web server is listening on eth0.

My Desktop (Windows 7) is in another public network. Here i want my desktop needs to access all the services deployed in the network which is connected to eth1 of the OpenVPN access server.

So in the VPN settings of OpenVPN GUI, I have said "Static IP Address Network" as eth1 connected network, "Routing" through NAT, "private subnets" as eth1 connected network, "client Internet traffic be routed through the VPN" No, "clients be allowed to access network services on the VPN gateway IP address" Yes.

I have created a user with a static IP address assigned from eth1 connected network.

Now from my desktop, through OpenVPN client when i connected OpenVPN server, i am getting the static assigned IP, but i was not able to access the firewall-blocked services in the eth1 connected network.

The IP forwarding is enabled in the Linux box.

Please anyone confirm what should be the problem in my case?. Whether OpenVPN supports above scenario?

Thanks in advance.

Mimiko
Forum Team

Re: Two public networks

Post by Mimiko » Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:58 am

Pleace post a traceroute to the destination which you want to access. Also, SSH to the OpenVPN AS and post the routing table and iptables rules.