iOS Shortcuts for Automation

Official client software for OpenVPN Access Server and OpenVPN Cloud.
simba90t
OpenVpn Newbie

iOS Shortcuts for Automation

Post by simba90t » Tue Aug 01, 2023 9:00 pm

Please add quick shortcuts to automate iOS commands.

I used your article "OpenVPN Connect 3.3 for is Now Offers Siri Shortcuts" to add quick commands, this implementation works, but unfortunately it's a bad solution. At the moment, this procedure is performed with the deliberate launch of the OpenVPN Connect application, but it needs to happen in the background.

The correct implementation should look like this: 1. When launching a third-party application, the iOS team application instantly launches the selected VPN profile in the background and makes a connection in the background. 2. When closing a third-party application, the iOS team application instantly launches a profile in the background to disable VPN in the background.

Also, the commands created by the OpenVPN application are displayed in the automation selection list as "OpenVPN Connect", which makes it difficult to select the desired profile to run. This is a clear bug.
Since the OpenVPN application does not know how to run profiles in the background, another bug arises. More detailed: In the OpenVPN application, I added shortcuts to enable and disable the VPN profile, and in the commands application, I created automation to enable VPN when launching a third-party application and disable VPN when closing a third-party application. But due to the fact that the OpenVPN application does not work in the background, but simply triggers the OpenVPN application to enable and disable the VPN, it first turns on, and then immediately turns off the VPN profile when opening a third-party application.

Sorry for the bad English, I used a translator.