Utilizing UDP6 Protocol with multiple clients

This forum is for admins who are looking to build or expand their OpenVPN setup.

Moderators: TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech

Forum rules
Please use the [oconf] BB tag for openvpn Configurations. See viewtopic.php?f=30&t=21589 for an example.
zetlex
OpenVpn Newbie

Utilizing UDP6 Protocol with multiple clients

Post by zetlex » Tue Oct 10, 2023 2:39 pm

Hello Members,

I am currently in the process of setting up an OpenVPN Server to accommodate multiple clients, each requiring both an IPv4 and an IPv6 address. I have successfully configured the OpenVPN server using the udp6 protocol and have managed to establish connections for multiple clients using the 'duplicate-cn' directive in the configuration file. However, I have encountered an issue where only one client is receiving an IPv6 address, while all clients receive an IPv4 address.

I suspect this issue might be related to my provision of a single IPv6 address instead of an entire subnet. My VPS provides 1 IPv4 address and an IPv6 /64 Subnet. I am wondering if this setup is optimal and if there are any specific configurations or adjustments I need to make to ensure all clients receive both IPv4 and IPv6 addresses.

I have experimented with various solutions, including Cloudconnexa and Access Server, but I have made the most progress with OpenVPN. I would greatly appreciate any guidance or insights from the community on how to properly configure this setup to ensure all clients receive both IPv4 and IPv6 addresses.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

zetlex
OpenVpn Newbie

Re: Utilizing UDP6 Protocol with multiple clients

Post by zetlex » Fri Oct 13, 2023 6:43 pm

Politely Bumping :)

zetlex
OpenVpn Newbie

Re: Utilizing UDP6 Protocol with multiple clients

Post by zetlex » Sat Oct 21, 2023 12:07 am

Just bumping again...
400 views, yet no replies. Must be a niche question. :(