VPN connection on linux

Need help configuring your VPN? Just post here and you'll get that help.

Moderators: TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech

Forum rules
Please use the [oconf] BB tag for openvpn Configurations. See viewtopic.php?f=30&t=21589 for an example.
jamesl
OpenVpn Newbie

VPN connection on linux

Post by jamesl » Fri Jun 23, 2023 1:51 pm

Hi All

I'm hoping that somebody can give me some advice, I'm working on a linux VM connecting out to secured servers using open vpn 3 on Linux to secured servers, I have the ca cert and that is installed with the correct permissions.

When I start the connection session everything works as expected but it seems that even though the connection is established there is no traffic flowing from the server to my machine.

I've tested the vpn connection with a different profile and different endpoint and that worked as expected.

I'm wondering if there is something in the linux machine around networking that I can look at or if given that with a different profile and different endpoint that works it is not the machine but the network steps between my machine and the service I'm trying to connect to.

Any ideas, sorry for being so cryptic but I have to be very careful in what I say here

dougstech
OpenVpn Newbie

Re: VPN connection on linux

Post by dougstech » Sat Mar 16, 2024 11:54 pm

I've faced similar issues with VPN connections on Linux, where everything seemed set up correctly but traffic just wouldn't flow. After trying different things, what worked for me wasn't tweaking the VPN settings further but switching to a proxy. I found a Netherlands proxy list and chose "AmsterdamProxy" from it. This move surprisingly resolved my connectivity issue, allowing me to establish a stable connection with the required servers without the previous hassle.