Cannot connect to VPN when connected with Ethernet to local network

Official client software for OpenVPN Access Server and OpenVPN Cloud.
zemaria
OpenVpn Newbie

Cannot connect to VPN when connected with Ethernet to local network

Post by zemaria » Wed Apr 26, 2023 4:43 pm

Hello,

I have a self-hosted OpenVPN setup. For the server, I'm using the built-in OpenVPN app from my Synology NAS.

I use the VPN to access a work machine, and I have the work machine VPN into my home network. I need to access it with RDP, but to do that I need to log in to the VPN from my home PC because my current router (will be upgraded) does not have the ability to add static routes.

I moved recently, and this setup used worked perfectly well, however, since the move, and the new ISP, I can't log in to the VPN from the network the VPN set up on.

I had to redo the VPN configuration and the only thing I changed was the service I used for the DynDNS, I had a free No-IP ddns but decided to use also the built-in Synology ddns service. The Certificate for the domain is also handled by the Synology NAS. Finally, I have a CNAME record that directs a custom address to the ddns address, in the config file I use the CNAME address (as I did before).

Anyone has any thoughts why this used to work and now might not? Please let me know what further information you fine people might need to help me solve this.

Thanks for any help in advance.