OpenVPN Connect v3.3.6

Official client software for OpenVPN Access Server and OpenVPN Cloud.
halimzhz
OpenVpn Newbie

OpenVPN Connect v3.3.6

Post by halimzhz » Sun Mar 05, 2023 3:12 am

Dear All

May i know how can i download the old OpenVPN Connect v3.3.6 or even ealier ?

Thank you so much

JosephS
OpenVPN Inc.

Re: OpenVPN Connect v3.3.6

Post by JosephS » Mon Mar 27, 2023 8:04 am

Hello,
Here is the link to download v3.3.6:
https://swupdate.openvpn.net/downloads/ ... signed.msi
But can you please let us know why would you choose v3.3.6 & older over the latest versions?

L4bRAT
OpenVpn Newbie

Re: OpenVPN Connect v3.3.6

Post by L4bRAT » Tue Mar 12, 2024 6:27 am

Recently I too encountered this issue on 3.3.7.2979 where I was connected to our company's OpenVPN setup, even received a VPN IP for the system. However, I was unable to connect to our internal systems as well as the external general public internet. I upgraded the OpenVPN Connect client to versions 3.4.3.3337 and 3.4.4.3412, still it didn't solve the issue.

Finally while scouring the internet for an older version - 3.3.6.2752 (as this version worked well earlier and confirmed this via a colleague who was still on this version) I came across this post and voila! rolling back to this old version fixed the issue! All our internal systems and the public internet is accessible again! I haven't identified the issue yet but I have a hunch that the newer OpenVPN Connect client version require additional parameters in the OpenVPN configuration profiles or the way of interpreting the older configuration profiles has changed. Hopefully the OpenVPN team would be able to resolve the issue as there's no point in upgrading to newer versions if it breaks the system.