Router port forwarding

This forum is for general conversation and user-user networking.

Moderators: TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech

thedogg
OpenVpn Newbie

Router port forwarding

Post by thedogg » Mon Feb 13, 2023 8:57 pm

Hello, I have been using my OpenVPN server on Debian 10 for a couple of years, mostly to have access to my parents and grand parents next door networks to support them if needed and have access to my old drives in their house. Before I started to use OpenVPN I had been using just port forwarding for my devices. After 3 years time no being too much into VPN again I wanted to try on rasppbery Pi Wireguard and compare the speed etc. just to play around. I have found out that I can configue anything because of port forwarding. I was struggling and do not know in 100% but looks like the openVPN server is blocking all ports except 22. I am able to forward only that one from all devices. All machines connected to VPN works client-to-client.
Would you give me a hint where should I start searching for the solution? Or do you know what may cause that problem, and if it is really openVPN server. Could be firewall, but I am not sure if I have finally installed something to be honest, it was long time ago ;-)