Connect to webserver via private ip

This forum is for general conversation and user-user networking.

Moderators: TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech

DAVMAR
OpenVpn Newbie

Connect to webserver via private ip

Post by DAVMAR » Fri Feb 10, 2023 12:40 am

I have a router with public IP connected on a web server (A).
The router provided by my ISP is equipped with a usb internet stick with a sim that is activated in case of emergency or when the cable connection fails.
The internet key does not have a public ip and there is no way to have a public ip.

I have a VPS server (B) that I rented on an online site with Centos and a public IP.

Is there any way to route traffic from my VPS (B) to server (A) bypassing private IP restrictions when Server (A) is connected with USB stick?

never-stop-learning
OpenVPN User

Re: Connect to webserver via private ip

Post by never-stop-learning » Fri Feb 17, 2023 11:27 am

Hey man, If you only need to have connectivity for your VPS Server running in CentOS and a Server behind your router with no Public IP, then here is a few options I can suggest:
a) Deploy the OpenVPN Community to your CentOS as the VPN server then connect your Server behind your router as a client, from there you can have connectivity to each other.
b) Use the OpenVPN Cloud commercial solution that offer free 3 connections when you register and connect your CentOS and Server as a connector and achieve the connectivity to each other.