Null encryption on Site to site

This forum is for admins who are looking to build or expand their OpenVPN setup.

Moderators: TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech

Forum rules
Please use the [oconf] BB tag for openvpn Configurations. See viewtopic.php?f=30&t=21589 for an example.
grapeCent
OpenVpn Newbie

Null encryption on Site to site

Post by grapeCent » Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:25 pm

I've been able to force encryption in a client server after finding which settings to override with none encryption type.
Please don't offer any opinion on encryption, this is an edge SDWAN connection to a vps aggregation, so all traffic would be on the internet only. Essentially this is just a GRE tunnel from a host behind CGNAT.

This is done on a low powered general purpose router, so I'm trying to not use any more of its cpu with encryption and only using md5 for hashing. Right now I have a workable prototype by using 3 /29 client networks, one for each uplink because I initially couldn't get site to site to not use aes.

How do I, as a user, accept the risk and force a site to site connection to use no encryption like I can with a client to server.