Suggestion: openvon-connetc-v2 service

Official client software for OpenVPN Access Server and OpenVPN Cloud.
doit2010
OpenVPN User

Suggestion: openvon-connetc-v2 service

Post by doit2010 » Wed Jan 25, 2023 7:25 am

I am very dissatisfied with openvon-connetc-v3 and basically satisfied with v2.

However, if there is a tool that prevents openvpn service (windows service) from powerboot and clicking the openvpn icon on the desktop, openvon-connetc-v2 cannot be used normally.(Many people here have little computer knowledge,Unable to guide them to start service).
I really hope that when I click the desktop v2 icon, the openvpn service (windows-service) can be used normally regardless of its status. Just like the OpenVPN community.

Just need openvon-connetc-v2.

openvpn_inc
OpenVPN Inc.

Re: Suggestion: openvon-connetc-v2 service

Post by openvpn_inc » Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:08 pm

Hello doit2010,

I'm very sorry but OpenVPN Connect v2 is deprecated since January 2022 and will receive no updates or alterations. You can either use OpenVPN Connect v3, or OpenVPN GUI for Windows, or any of the other dozens of OpenVPN clients available that suit your specific needs more.

Kind regards,
Johan
Image OpenVPN Inc.
Answers provided by OpenVPN Inc. staff members here are provided on a voluntary best-effort basis, and no rights can be claimed on the basis of answers posted in this public forum. If you wish to get official support from OpenVPN Inc. please use the official support ticket system: https://openvpn.net/support