OpenVPN GUI for management and session record

This forum is for admins who are looking to build or expand their OpenVPN setup.

Moderators: TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech

Forum rules
Please use the [oconf] BB tag for openvpn Configurations. See viewtopic.php?f=30&t=21589 for an example.
wahabqurashi
OpenVpn Newbie

OpenVPN GUI for management and session record

Post by wahabqurashi » Sun Jan 08, 2023 7:54 pm

Hi there,

I have installed an OpenVPN 2.4.7 community edition version on a Linux machine. It is working perfectly fine and clients are able to connect to the network using a OpenVPN service. I was wondering if is it possible to have a GUI interface for the community edition? So we can create credentials for new clients and make other changes using GUI. As far as I have read so far GUI is only available on the OpenVPN access server.

Secondly, the question is related to the client's session data when clients connect to the network. Is it possible to record the commands used by the clients when connected to the network using OpenVPN? Suppose the client connects to the network and uses the following commands:
ping 8.8.8.8
ping 192.168.1.X

Is it possible to record all the session details of the clients?

galavichid
OpenVpn Newbie

Re: OpenVPN GUI for management and session record

Post by galavichid » Wed Jan 11, 2023 8:13 pm

For your first question:
you can install this: https://github.com/furlongm/openvpn-monitor
its a simple web-gui just to follow who is connected.

Till today i think pfsense are the only good gui for controlling the vpn server

vnpenguin
OpenVpn Newbie

Re: OpenVPN GUI for management and session record

Post by vnpenguin » Sun Jan 15, 2023 9:23 am

I write myself web (php) gui for OpenVPN.
Better than OpenVPN AS gui, I can create client's certificate at any validity (30 days, 60 days,....). It's not possibile with AS.