iOS app reconnect problem after netowork change

Official client software for OpenVPN Access Server and OpenVPN Cloud.
feehmt
OpenVpn Newbie

iOS app reconnect problem after netowork change

Post by feehmt » Fri Dec 30, 2022 9:06 pm

I've set up a personal VM that hosts my OpenVPN application and everything is working fine, I can reach my server and the OVPN service from the IP address (I'm not using any DNS names) without any issue. It is set to use UDP connection. There is no firewall rule that could prevent my access to it.

But I'm facing some problems while using the iOS OVPN app. Lets say my phone is connected to my wifi network, OVPN is working fine. As soon as the Wifi is out of range (leaving home for example) the phone switch to the mobile network and my OVPN keep trying to reconnect indefinitely without any success, The logs keep looping "network is unreachable" and "Client terminated, restarting in 2000ms" indefinitely. The only way to workaround is by manually disconnecting and reconnecting from the profiles list which is inconvenient since the app can reconnect automatically.

And since I use the seamless tunnel setting my phone is unable to receive any message, emails or online calls until I realize it is a VPN bug

And the same problem occur the other way around when I arrive home. (or manually enable or disable my wifi connection)

Does anyone know how to fix it?