ESXi ova connector appliance

Next-generation cloud-hosted OpenVPN business solution.
justen
OpenVpn Newbie

ESXi ova connector appliance

Post by justen » Fri Dec 30, 2022 3:43 pm

Hi all,

I tried searching in this forum but nothing comes back for a VMware vSphere Cloud Connector ova. Why is it not a thing? There appears to be one for the premise Access server.

thanks in advance

Justen

openvpn_inc
OpenVPN Inc.

Re: ESXi ova connector appliance

Post by openvpn_inc » Tue Jan 03, 2023 9:24 am

Hi,

There is no ova connector appliance because when you deploy a connector, we have a corresponding script that you could run depending on your Linux distribution of choice.

Regards,
.\kionci
Image OpenVPN Inc.
Answers provided by OpenVPN Inc. staff members here are provided on a voluntary best-effort basis, and no rights can be claimed on the basis of answers posted in this public forum. If you wish to get official support from OpenVPN Inc. please use the official support ticket system: https://openvpn.net/support

justen
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by justen » Tue Jan 03, 2023 1:04 pm

ok thank you for the response

lciadmin
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by lciadmin » Wed Apr 19, 2023 7:13 pm

I'd like to add that while the script does indeed install the necessary components, it does nothing to tune the system for optimal throughput. In the end, at our company, we took one of your access server ova's, disabled the access server portion and ran the script. The settings for the access server appliance have been tuned, per your in house specifications to ensure it's speedy as can be.

We found a huge performance increase using the access appliance as our base for install.

Hope this helps anyone who comes across it.

openvpn_inc
OpenVPN Inc.

Post by openvpn_inc » Fri May 19, 2023 3:03 pm

Hello,

I think there is some confusion. The ESXi appliance we offer is to set up an OpenVPN Access Server. It is not meant to be used as a Connector. I don't know why you think it was intended for that. Though since it is Linux, technically it can be, but it was not designed to fulfill that role. The script you refer to is probably the script to set up OpenVPN3 Linux client as a Connector for CloudConnexa.

Kind regards,
Johan
Image OpenVPN Inc.
Answers provided by OpenVPN Inc. staff members here are provided on a voluntary best-effort basis, and no rights can be claimed on the basis of answers posted in this public forum. If you wish to get official support from OpenVPN Inc. please use the official support ticket system: https://openvpn.net/support