file name program in c:

This forum is for admins who are looking to build or expand their OpenVPN setup.

Moderators: TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech

Forum rules
Please use the [oconf] BB tag for openvpn Configurations. See viewtopic.php?f=30&t=21589 for an example.
tiagocorreia
OpenVpn Newbie

file name program in c:

Post by tiagocorreia » Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:56 pm

Hi, openvpn Daemon service creates a file called program in the root which gives me conflict with other programs , does anyone know how to work around the problem

openvpn_inc
OpenVPN Inc.

Re: file name program in c:

Post by openvpn_inc » Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:00 pm

Hello tiagocorreia,

Can you give a lot more detail than just this? What is the EXACT filename and path? What installation program did you use and on which operating system? And what exactly is the problem that you're experiencing? It's next to impossible to assist you without knowing what actually is going on.

Kind regards,
Johan
Image OpenVPN Inc.
Answers provided by OpenVPN Inc. staff members here are provided on a voluntary best-effort basis, and no rights can be claimed on the basis of answers posted in this public forum. If you wish to get official support from OpenVPN Inc. please use the official support ticket system: https://openvpn.net/support

tiagocorreia
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by tiagocorreia » Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:39 am

hi, i have OpenVPN-2.5.8-I601-amd64 in winserver 2019 with server install, the deamon service create a file name program in root.
some programs like ERP give me errors because they think the file name program is the program folder.

openvpn_inc
OpenVPN Inc.

Post by openvpn_inc » Tue Nov 22, 2022 11:35 am

Hello tiagocorreia,

Still unclear on what's going on exactly. Now I have to guess.

You're saying that a file c:\root exists after installing OpenVPN 2.5.8 on Windows Server 2019?

What errors are you seeing?

Kind regards,
Johan
Image OpenVPN Inc.
Answers provided by OpenVPN Inc. staff members here are provided on a voluntary best-effort basis, and no rights can be claimed on the basis of answers posted in this public forum. If you wish to get official support from OpenVPN Inc. please use the official support ticket system: https://openvpn.net/support