Blocking IP Addresses

Business solution to host your own OpenVPN server with web management interface and bundled clients.
jeffmcguire11
OpenVpn Newbie

Blocking IP Addresses

Post by jeffmcguire11 » Wed Nov 02, 2022 5:00 pm

Our company has been hiring remote workers for a couple of months now. I will remote in to their computers and establish OpenVPN Connect to our Azure container shared drive. It is not feasible to give everyone domain credentials so I have been using my Admin creds to connect.

Now we are beginning to terminate some of these employees. I need a quick way to block their computer from accessing. I have Zoho Assist program installed so I know their current IP address. Can this be done locally by me or does the Owner of the Azure contained need to blacklist it?

openvpn_inc
OpenVPN Inc.

Re: Blocking IP Addresses

Post by openvpn_inc » Thu Nov 03, 2022 5:40 pm

Hi Jeff,

Are you using the OpenVPN Access Server product? If so this is indeed easy and quick. In the admin web UI you can delete or disable the user, delete their profile[s], and actually remove a connected user.

If you're using some other OpenVPN implementation (based on community version openvpn) you have asked in the wrong subforum, and we'll have to move this topic to the proper place.

regards, rob0
Image OpenVPN Inc.
Answers provided by OpenVPN Inc. staff members here are provided on a voluntary best-effort basis, and no rights can be claimed on the basis of answers posted in this public forum. If you wish to get official support from OpenVPN Inc. please use the official support ticket system: https://openvpn.net/support