OpenVPN obfuscation techniques [oconf]

This forum is for general conversation and user-user networking.

Moderators: TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech

daralla
OpenVpn Newbie

OpenVPN obfuscation techniques [oconf]

Post by daralla » Mon Oct 31, 2022 8:27 pm

Hi, hoping I'm at the right place here with my question, if not please point me to it!

As the topic says I'm looking for reliable info on how to obfuscate OpenVPN traffic. The general setup is:
OpenVPN Server on Windows x64 in Germany, 10+ users connecting, accessing Windows shares only.

Recently while in a Internet-restricted country, the OpenVPN Client wouldn't connect. Now I'm looking for ways to circumvent that on future travels. Unfortunately I'm now at home again so I can't actually test various methods practically, but I'm here to explore what ways are possible.

What I already did mange to set up is connecting OpenVPN over stunnel. That works in principle, at least within Germany. Now I read about other ways like obfsproxy, but googling mainly brings up links to commercial VPN providers which is of no use here (I think).

Does someone have experience with setting up obfsproxy, the server and the client part both on Windows? Or any other methods that should work from restricted countries?

Thanks in advance!