Useful logging for an external service

Next-generation cloud-hosted OpenVPN business solution.
bbatch1023
OpenVpn Newbie

Useful logging for an external service

Post by bbatch1023 » Tue Oct 25, 2022 3:46 pm

I have one question:

When looking through OpenVPN logs on the actual box, what would be some useful info/terms I would find within those logs to see the following.

* Connector Offline
* High Subscription Usage
* Malicious activity (any info you think would show in the logs that would look malicious)

openvpn_inc
OpenVPN Inc.

Re: Useful logging for an external service

Post by openvpn_inc » Tue Oct 25, 2022 8:14 pm

Hello bbatch1023,

That appears to be 3 questions... however, you mention 'Connector Offline' - this seems to be about OpenVPN Cloud. But you posted in Access Server forum. If this is indeed about Cloud I can move the topic over to that area instead.

Perhaps it might be better if you asked these questions directly on https://openvpn.net/support

Kind regards,
Johan
Image OpenVPN Inc.
Answers provided by OpenVPN Inc. staff members here are provided on a voluntary best-effort basis, and no rights can be claimed on the basis of answers posted in this public forum. If you wish to get official support from OpenVPN Inc. please use the official support ticket system: https://openvpn.net/support

Pippin
Forum Team

Post by Pippin » Tue Oct 25, 2022 8:21 pm

this seems to be about OpenVPN Cloud. But you posted in Access Server forum.
That's my mistake, I moved it.
Now moved to OpenVPN Cloud.
I gloomily came to the ironic conclusion that if you take a highly intelligent person and give them the best possible, elite education, then you will most likely wind up with an academic who is completely impervious to reality.
Halton Arp

bbatch1023
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by bbatch1023 » Wed Oct 26, 2022 1:06 pm

Thank you,

I just want to know what terms are seen through the logs when issues arise that relate to what I originally posted.

So, when those appear in the logs, our external software will notice that and alert us of those issues occurring.

Thank you,