I got an error about spam ip during login - Is that error page for OpenVPN Forum

All comments and questions related to the functionality of the OpenVPN web pages and forum should go here.

Moderators: TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech

Vortex.Cubes
OpenVpn Newbie

I got an error about spam ip during login - Is that error page for OpenVPN Forum

Post by Vortex.Cubes » Sat Oct 01, 2022 12:18 am

Hi dear manager,
My vpn is from germany.
I got an error about spam ip during login.
Is that error page for OpenVPN Forum?
Can you share a screenshot of that error message.
I think that error page was manipulating of something in my browser.
Because i did login with ip now without any error.
Please help to figure out what was that error.

Vortex.Cubes
OpenVpn Newbie

Re: I got an error about spam ip during login - Is that error page for OpenVPN Forum

Post by Vortex.Cubes » Sat Oct 01, 2022 12:20 am

I got this error from germany ip.

"The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.

Our Anti-Spam service, CleanTalk, has denied post, registration, or access to our forum. Please contact forums@openvpn.net with a copy of this message, and your IP address so we can investigate."

Is this error for your forum or is this a hack of my system?

openvpn_inc
OpenVPN Inc.

Re: I got an error about spam ip during login - Is that error page for OpenVPN Forum

Post by openvpn_inc » Sat Oct 01, 2022 10:12 am

Hello Vortex.Cubes,

This forum does use CleanTalk to filter most spam away. It's indeed possible that you were posting from an IP address that has a bad reputation on the Internet. There are public lists on the Internet that track when IP addresses are used for nefarious purposes such as sending spam emails or spamming forums and such. These IP addresses are reported to this public list so other systems can use this reputation information to automatically block spam.

This message is not an error on our forums and I don't think it is a hack on your system. It is simply functioning as it should. Apparently you were trying to use this forum from an IP address that has been abused for nefarious purposes, and the CleanTalk system protected us.

Since you obviously are a real human being, if this message shows up again when you post, the forum administrators might want to look into this issue by for example taking a look at your IP and maybe whitelisting it so you can post even if CleanTalk thinks your IP is bad. But this is something that they will deal with on a case-by-case basis, and requires that you contact them at the mentioned email address with information about your IP.

Kind regards,
Johan
Image OpenVPN Inc.
Answers provided by OpenVPN Inc. staff members here are provided on a voluntary best-effort basis, and no rights can be claimed on the basis of answers posted in this public forum. If you wish to get official support from OpenVPN Inc. please use the official support ticket system: https://openvpn.net/support

Vortex.Cubes
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by Vortex.Cubes » Sat Oct 01, 2022 8:07 pm

Thanks for the answer