Cannot connect to my ASUS router from my mobile

Official client software for OpenVPN Access Server and OpenVPN Cloud.
Sixties Fan
OpenVpn Newbie

Cannot connect to my ASUS router from my mobile

Post by Sixties Fan » Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:08 pm

I have an OpenVPN server running on my ASUS RT-AX88U router and I can access the router and my home network if using a Windows laptop. I also used to be able to gain access from my previous Samsung Galaxy mobile, using the OpenVPN app. However, on my new phone, a Samsung Galaxy A22, the app refuses to connect. I have uploaded a short video to my dropbox account, which shows what happens. There are no logs being created, either in the app or on my router. I've tried re-importing the configuration files several times and reinstalling the app a few times as well, but I just cannot get it to work.

Here's the link to my video: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2kjmwhtfsyr0j ... 9.mp4?dl=0

Sixties Fan
OpenVpn Newbie

Re: Cannot connect to my ASUS router from my mobile

Post by Sixties Fan » Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:42 am

I've found the answer! It was the Avast VPN that comes bundled with their Ultimate Suite that was causing the problem, even though it wasn't turned on. As soon as I uninstalled it, the OpenVPN connection to my network began working. Strange but the Avast VPN on my laptop doesn't interfere with connecting to the OpenVPN server on my router.