OpenVPN Connect v3 - Exit code: 0

Official client software for OpenVPN Access Server and OpenVPN Cloud.
askiba
OpenVpn Newbie

OpenVPN Connect v3 - Exit code: 0

Post by askiba » Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:52 pm

Hello, I use OpenVPN on all of our devices in the field. I just reimaged a device that had the VPN working on it pre-image, when the device was reimaged and I loaded the profile back onto the device the service wont start.

I use this image for all of our devices and have never had this issue before. I have tried reinstalling openVPN connect entirely to no avail. I cannot find anything on google about this error or how to fix it so I hope here I will find that help.

I am running OpenVPN as a system service. When I try to start the service through CMD it says the following:

Service not started.
Current State: 1
Exit Code: 0

If anyone has run into this and can lend me a hand that would be much appreciated.

openvpn_inc
OpenVPN Inc.

Re: OpenVPN Connect v3 - Exit code: 0

Post by openvpn_inc » Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:31 pm

Hello askiba,

Try checking if file %temp%\.ovpn-connect-lockfile exists in the temp folder of the user. If so, delete it, then try again.

Kind regards,
Johan
Image OpenVPN Inc.
Answers provided by OpenVPN Inc. staff members here are provided on a voluntary best-effort basis, and no rights can be claimed on the basis of answers posted in this public forum. If you wish to get official support from OpenVPN Inc. please use the official support ticket system: https://openvpn.net/support

askiba
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by askiba » Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:46 pm

Thanks for the response! But there is no lock file in the temp folder for me to delete. I deleted all the temporary files anyway and I still have this same issue.

Is there anything else that I could try?

askiba
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by askiba » Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:48 pm

I figured it out. Somehow my .crt file was replaced with a bitlocker recovery key. Once I installed the proper cert it works just fine.

openvpn_inc
OpenVPN Inc.

Post by openvpn_inc » Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:29 am

Hello askiba,

Thanks for reporting your findings.

Kind regards,
Johan
Image OpenVPN Inc.
Answers provided by OpenVPN Inc. staff members here are provided on a voluntary best-effort basis, and no rights can be claimed on the basis of answers posted in this public forum. If you wish to get official support from OpenVPN Inc. please use the official support ticket system: https://openvpn.net/support