Please help me set up OpenVPN Cloud for FTP access to my home computer from my phone?

Next-generation cloud-hosted OpenVPN business solution.
noform
OpenVpn Newbie

Please help me set up OpenVPN Cloud for FTP access to my home computer from my phone?

Post by noform » Sat May 14, 2022 8:14 am

Hello. I need to be able to access the file system of my home computer from my phone via the internet. So that OpenVPN and FTP start automatically after rebooting the computer and I can connect from my phone.

This is my first time setting up a VPN. Please help me set up OpenVPN connect (OpenVPN Cloud) for FTP access to my home computer from my phone?

At home, windows 10, behind a router, I installed an ISS server, set up FTP, in my home Wi-Fi network, the phone connects to my home computer, FTP works.
I installed OpenVPN connect on my home computer and phone, I tried to set it up for a long time, but so far I can’t configure it to get access to my home computer via FTP from my phone via the Internet.
I'm attaching a screenshot.
At the same time, if OpenVPN connect is connected from the phone, then OpenVPN connect is disabled on the home computer, and vice versa :(

What instructions should I read? There are so many of them that I'm confused
What do I need to do to make this work?

openvpn_inc
OpenVPN Inc.

Re: Please help me set up OpenVPN Cloud for FTP access to my home computer from my phone?

Post by openvpn_inc » Sat May 14, 2022 4:16 pm

Hi nof,

This sounds like you simply need another profile. One (the home computer) as a "connector", and the phone as a client. Just create a different profile for your phone.

https://openvpn.net/blog/deploy-network-connectors/

regards, rob0
Image OpenVPN Inc.
Answers provided by OpenVPN Inc. staff members here are provided on a voluntary best-effort basis, and no rights can be claimed on the basis of answers posted in this public forum. If you wish to get official support from OpenVPN Inc. please use the official support ticket system: https://openvpn.net/support

noform
OpenVpn Newbie

Re: Please help me set up OpenVPN Cloud for FTP access to my home computer from my phone?

Post by noform » Sun May 15, 2022 12:46 pm

openvpn_inc wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 4:16 pm
Hi nof,
Thank you very much for your work! Everything worked great :) I wish you prosperity and well-being 🙏🏻, you make a quality product and benefit people.

P.S. if someone will also set it up - do not forget to add the IP address of the VPN interface in the FTP server settings in (for me is Internet Information Service)