openVPN server on VPS for remote access to lan

Need help configuring your VPN? Just post here and you'll get that help.

Moderators: TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech

Forum rules
Please use the [oconf] BB tag for openvpn Configurations. See viewtopic.php?f=30&t=21589 for an example.
JimLS
OpenVpn Newbie

openVPN server on VPS for remote access to lan

Post by JimLS » Thu Apr 14, 2022 2:23 am

Trying to set up openVPN server on Oracle VPS and pfsense locally to allow connection with android phone with openvpn app. Have server set up. Can connect with phone. Can connect with pfsense. From there I need to set up rules/routing/?? and am pretty lost. Have tried to find examples but haven't found much that I can follow. Want normal LAN traffic to use the WAN port and only use VPN for traffic from remote access. pfsense appears to route everything to vpn when connected as I can't reach any WAN sites unless I stop VPN connection.

TinCanTech
OpenVPN Protagonist

Re: openVPN server on VPS for remote access to lan

Post by TinCanTech » Thu Apr 14, 2022 12:14 pm

And you read the howto, right ?

JimLS
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by JimLS » Fri Apr 15, 2022 1:36 pm

I looked at that. I have been using the admin web gui. Any how to using the gui?

pete
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by pete » Fri Apr 15, 2022 3:09 pm

Doing same here...set up a mini lab on the kitchen table (low on the WAF right now)....Note this is for use with Starlink and T-Mobile Internet which does not work with VPN at this time.

Current ISP connected PFSense box is running IPSec VPN, OpenVPN, L2TP and Wireguard VPN servers.

Using T-Mobile LTE modem as a failover today. (it has a built in WLAN, Network ports, RJ11 phone ports on it).

For phones and tablets directly connected to the Internet to call automated home (software / Hardware automation - HA and Homeseer and Leviton OmniPro 2 panel). Doing X10, UPB, Zigbee and ZWave and now testing converted iOT to Tasmota ESP devices.

Inside have managed Gb switches (now L2/L3) and managed POE switches. IE: multiple physical LANs and VLANs

Overview drawing:

1 - PFSense box connected to: (touchscreen Jetway AES-NI Celeron micro motherboard with dual Gb NICs and WLAN) - sort of a portable PFSense box.
2 - T-Mobile LTE combo modem (using LAN interface and cannot bridge LAN to WAN) with a 4 hour battery.
3 - laptop
4 - Oracle Account

blaster03
OpenVpn Newbie

wireguard on VPS for remote access to lan

Post by blaster03 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:56 am

Hello JimLS, i'm trying to set up the same thing, and instead of openvpn am running wireguard, can you please tell me if you found a solution to access your lan network through a vpn client, i know that was 2 years ago, but i hope you steal rembember the solution