about connector in openvpn cloud

Next-generation cloud-hosted OpenVPN business solution.
Alien_x
OpenVpn Newbie

about connector in openvpn cloud

Post by Alien_x » Wed Apr 06, 2022 10:51 am

Is the connector necessary for the use of OpenVPN Cloud, or that can connect clients to the VPN without it?
Is there a way that used a desktop computer as a connector and used the computer itself from the VPN service without any clients, which means the VPN Connector?
I want use my computer as a vpn client for openvpn cloud without any medium! (for personal use as a anti censorship) :D

openvpn_inc
OpenVPN Inc.

Re: about connector in openvpn cloud

Post by openvpn_inc » Fri Apr 08, 2022 3:23 pm

Hello Alien_x,

OpenVPN Cloud is a virtual private network. By default it is completely isolated and purely internal only. When you connect 1 device to it, you've basically achieved almost nothing valuable. When you connect 2 or more devices to it, they can communicate with each other over that internal virtual private network. If you want to use it to access websites, you will need to have one of your devices connected as a 'connector' that allows Internet traffic to be sent in/out over it. That will provide the link between the internal virtual private network, and the Internet. Other devices connected to your OpenVPN Cloud account can then use the Internet connection that this connector provides.

So simply put, you cannot use it with just a single computer to bypass some Internet restrictions. You need more connected to get that going.

And no, we do not provide such Internet nodes ourselves. You will have to provide one.

Kind regards,
Johan
Image OpenVPN Inc.
Answers provided by OpenVPN Inc. staff members here are provided on a voluntary best-effort basis, and no rights can be claimed on the basis of answers posted in this public forum. If you wish to get official support from OpenVPN Inc. please use the official support ticket system: https://openvpn.net/support

TinCanTech
OpenVPN Protagonist

Post by TinCanTech » Fri Apr 08, 2022 3:56 pm

A very concise description of OpenVPN Cloud.

@ Johan, thanks.

Stephanie_Sy
OpenVPN User

Post by Stephanie_Sy » Tue Apr 12, 2022 11:52 pm

I created some rules to allow all traffic coming from and to OpenVPN Cloud but not much has changed.

openvpn_inc
OpenVPN Inc.

Post by openvpn_inc » Sun Apr 24, 2022 8:59 pm

Stephanie_Sy wrote:
Tue Apr 12, 2022 11:52 pm
I created some rules to allow all traffic coming from and to OpenVPN Cloud but not much has changed.
Hi Steph,

I don't understand what (if anything) you are asking. Did you perhaps post this in the wrong thread?

regards,
rob0
Image OpenVPN Inc.
Answers provided by OpenVPN Inc. staff members here are provided on a voluntary best-effort basis, and no rights can be claimed on the basis of answers posted in this public forum. If you wish to get official support from OpenVPN Inc. please use the official support ticket system: https://openvpn.net/support