Password not saved

Official client software for OpenVPN Access Server and OpenVPN Cloud.
marco49
OpenVpn Newbie

Password not saved

Post by marco49 » Tue Aug 31, 2021 4:41 pm

I know this is a simple question because I have zero idea what all the other forum postings are about, but here goes:
On an iPad, suddenly my login credentials are not being saved. Entering username and password each time works fine, but I’d rather not have to enter them each time. If it’s relevant I am using OpenVPN 3.2.3. For a couple of years this has not been a problem, I don’t know what has changed.
Thanks and sorry I am not asking some hyper technical question about windsocks or something!

openvpn_inc
OpenVPN Inc.

Re: Password not saved

Post by openvpn_inc » Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:10 am

Hello marco49,

Perhaps some necessary permissions have gotten lost. The app is only capable of storing username/password if it has the permissions it needs to do so. Probably at this point it would be good to uninstall the app, and reinstall it, to see if permissions can be restored, and then re-import the connection profile and try saving the password again. Hopefully a simple uninstall/reinstall will do the trick.

Kind regards,
Johan
Image OpenVPN Inc.
Answers provided by OpenVPN Inc. staff members here are provided on a voluntary best-effort basis, and no rights can be claimed on the basis of answers posted in this public forum. If you wish to get official support from OpenVPN Inc. please use the official support ticket system: https://openvpn.net/support

doncusemen
OpenVpn Newbie

Re: Password not saved

Post by doncusemen » Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:37 pm

Hi everyone!

I have the same problem as marco49,
when i try to connect from app with version 3.3.2 - app can't save credentials,
but if i try to connect from app with version 3.2.3 - everything works fine.

I checked the app settings, phone settings, uninstalled the app and reinstalled it, but that didn't help me.

Could you help me with that?