Building a client with 2.5 and above

Support forum for Easy-RSA certificate management suite.

Moderators: TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech

TLGGREG
OpenVpn Newbie

Building a client with 2.5 and above

Post by TLGGREG » Wed Jul 14, 2021 5:22 pm

I am having a horrible time trying to find support on this topic. I upgraded from 2.4.x to 2.5.x and the build-xxxx.bat files are missing. I see that is from the new EasyRSA it seems. Can I easily build new clients for my existing OpenVPN server without disrupting the old clients? Can someone point me in the right direction, please?

Thanks,
Greg

TinCanTech
OpenVPN Protagonist

Re: Building a client with 2.5 and above

Post by TinCanTech » Wed Jul 14, 2021 6:11 pm

Openvpn 2.5 comes with Easy-RSA version 3 ...

But you have to customise the install by pressing the BIG Customise button.

Then read the help for Easy-RSA version 3.

https://community.openvpn.net/openvpn/w ... nVPN-Howto

OpenVPN Expert

Re: Building a client with 2.5 and above

Post by 300000 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:14 am

TLGGREG wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 5:22 pm
I am having a horrible time trying to find support on this topic. I upgraded from 2.4.x to 2.5.x and the build-xxxx.bat files are missing. I see that is from the new EasyRSA it seems. Can I easily build new clients for my existing OpenVPN server without disrupting the old clients? Can someone point me in the right direction, please?

Thanks,
Greg
You can build as many as client youi like and dont need to use EasyRSA at all . there are many free program can do it on windows just make thing more fast and simple. off course you can use old CA to create new clients so nothing need change at all.

If EasyRSA put you hard time so just say you like simple one I can help you to do that .