Apple Silicon (M1) Native Support

Official client software for OpenVPN Access Server and OpenVPN Cloud.
virtual_patrick
OpenVpn Newbie

Re: Apple Silicon (M1) Native Support

Post by virtual_patrick » Fri Dec 09, 2022 3:50 pm

Hello,

would it be possible to provide the OpenVPN Connect Client Installer as Universal Binary and in .pkg format?
This would make distribution with MDM much easier.

Kind regards,
Patrick

openvpn_inc
OpenVPN Inc.

Post by openvpn_inc » Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:17 pm

Hello Patrick,

We're looking into possibilities but the capability to bundle connection profiles is a blocker in this regard at this time. Sorry.

Kind regards,
Johan
Image OpenVPN Inc.
Answers provided by OpenVPN Inc. staff members here are provided on a voluntary best-effort basis, and no rights can be claimed on the basis of answers posted in this public forum. If you wish to get official support from OpenVPN Inc. please use the official support ticket system: https://openvpn.net/support

aab203
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by aab203 » Mon Dec 19, 2022 2:17 pm

Hello,

Great to see that 3.4 is out. I've been waiting for the silicon version AND the fix for being able to hide the dock icon :D

I just wanted to flag that it took me a while to realise this version was available as the 3.3.6 version I had running kept telling me it was up to date and no updates were available. It's only when getting a little frustrated with the passage of time I came to manually check myself.

Is there a problem with 3.3.6 and it knowing about 3.4 being available?

EDIT: My only request now is for the icon to be in line with the current style Apple is going with (like the iOS app icons) :)

openvpn_inc
OpenVPN Inc.

Post by openvpn_inc » Mon Dec 19, 2022 2:51 pm

Hi aab203,

It's expected. First we release on the website, then on Access Server, and then finally we do update messages. We already released on the site, and we released on Access Server just last week, and it looks like this week we'll do the update messages. This is just to ensure a 'safe' release plan, as in, not hit every customer all at once with the same update.

Kind regards,
Johan
Image OpenVPN Inc.
Answers provided by OpenVPN Inc. staff members here are provided on a voluntary best-effort basis, and no rights can be claimed on the basis of answers posted in this public forum. If you wish to get official support from OpenVPN Inc. please use the official support ticket system: https://openvpn.net/support