deploying OpenVPN connect 3 via GPO

Business solution to host your own OpenVPN server with web management interface and bundled clients.
frank3427
OpenVpn Newbie

deploying OpenVPN connect 3 via GPO

Post by frank3427 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:32 pm

We have been deploying OpenVPN connect 2.X clients via GPO in windows machines and this has been working great. the other day we attempted to update the GPO to deploy OpenVPN connect 3.x client to users and it is not working. Has anyone else ran into similar issues?

StormDES
OpenVpn Newbie

Re: deploying OpenVPN connect 3 via GPO

Post by StormDES » Wed Mar 30, 2022 5:42 pm

I have the same question. Does it work?

jonathan2260
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by jonathan2260 » Thu Jun 09, 2022 3:32 pm

I have been able install OpenVPN file openvpn-connect-3.3.6.2752_signed.msi on a freshly formated PC using GPO and it will install.
I also wanted to set it up to add a profile automatically and it does work but for the life of me I cannot understand why it has to be set to run twice to get the profile to work and by twice I don't mean run the command twice in the same batch script. I mean I need to login once when the client appears and the batch script with the command was run but then I have to reboot it a 2nd time so that the batch script runs that same command again. Only then will the profile be present. I don't understand why it cannot be done in one try.

openvpn_inc
OpenVPN Inc.

Post by openvpn_inc » Fri Jun 10, 2022 6:12 am

Hi jonathan2260,

Not sure either but maybe it's worth checking what user context this script runs under in both cases?

Kind regards,
Johan
Image OpenVPN Inc.
Answers provided by OpenVPN Inc. staff members here are provided on a voluntary best-effort basis, and no rights can be claimed on the basis of answers posted in this public forum. If you wish to get official support from OpenVPN Inc. please use the official support ticket system: https://openvpn.net/support