The change during new installation

This forum is for all inquiries relating to the installation of OpenVPN from source and with binaries.
Forum rules
Please visit (and READ) the OpenVPN HowTo http://openvpn.net/howto prior to asking any questions in here!
jugan1
OpenVpn Newbie

The change during new installation

Post by jugan1 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:42 pm

Hello,

My system: Windows 10 Pro.

I have one TAP Windows Adapter. I would like to have next one. This is not a problem - in cmd I have to write something like "tapinstall.exe install OemVista.inf TAP0901". But during installation next adapter, adapter ( the first ) which I have is reload. What does it means? When the first adapter is off ( his icon is grey ) and I install the second one adapter, the first one change his state to unplugged ( so his icon is in color with red "X" in left down right ). Is there a way to don't change states other adapter during the installation new one?

Why I need it? Because when I use VPN and I install new adapter, my VPN connection is restart ( this is only the first example - I have other - I write this to show that is important to me to don\t change states other adapters.

TinCanTech
OpenVPN Protagonist

Re: The change during new installation

Post by TinCanTech » Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:15 pm

Use --> Windows Menu - Tap Adapter Utilities - Add Tap Adapter

jugan1
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by jugan1 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:48 pm

Thank you, but what is "tap adapter utilities"? When I click on Windows Menu I don't see that application (?)

When I go to tap-windows-9.21.2.exe I choose 2 first options:
TAP Virtual Ethernet Adapter
TAP Utilities

I can't choose only TAP Utilities. When I select this, the TAP Virtual Ethernet Adapter is selected automatically

TinCanTech
OpenVPN Protagonist

Post by TinCanTech » Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:05 pm

It looks the name has changed, try:

Windows Menu -> OpenVPN -> Utilities -> Add new TAP-Windows virtual network adapter

Typically, the Remove option has been removed ... without notice :evil:

jugan1
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by jugan1 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:10 pm

Thank you. Of course I try this. But I have to use this from my code so I would like to use some CMD command. Can you tell me: is there possible to add tap adapter ( this is possible because I check this ) and don't change states other tap adapters ( I can't find any options to cmd command to do this )?