i configured OpenVPN on my TP-LINK Archer C59 Router.
The configuration is very simple:
- Service Type (UDP/TCP): UDP
- Service Port: 1194
- VPN Subnet/Netmask: 10.8.0.0 / 255.255.255.0
- Client Access (Home Network Only / Internet and Home Network): Internet and Home Network
Generate the certificate
Export the configuration file --> This exports the ovpn client file.
Now the openVPN connection is established.
- ping to all local machines are ok
- ping to URLs on the internet works well
THE ONLY PROBLEM I HAVE
- ping to the local dns names of my machines don't answer. The DNS server on the router is activated.
What is the solution to see the DNS names through the vpn connection?
Please note, There is no additional field to configure server options.
This means, the configuration must be done client side.
Thanks in advance for any help.
This forum is for general conversation and user-user networking.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
- OpenVpn Newbie
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:18 pm