OpenVPN & Vmware ESXI

This forum is for admins who are looking to build or expand their OpenVPN setup.

Moderators: TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech

Forum rules
Please use the [oconf] BB tag for openvpn Configurations. See viewtopic.php?f=30&t=21589 for an example.
edumangeek
OpenVpn Newbie

OpenVPN & Vmware ESXI

Post by edumangeek » Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:26 am

Hi All

Our server has VMServ ESXI 5.1 installed on it. The virtual machines that are running on the server is Windows Server 2012 and Windows 7 Ultimate. Multiple virtual instances of Windows 7 via remote desktop can be executed within our internal network.

However I would like to make use of OpenVPN in order to have two employees connect remotely from any internet connection to a remote windows 7 desktop instance on the server.

I understand the principles of OpenVPN (Purchased Beginning OpenVPN 2.0.9) but still cant wrap my head around getting this vpn to work. If any one can give me a breakdown that I can delve deeper into in order to figure out how I can make use of opevpn to connect remotely to our server I would greatly appreciate it.

Kind Regards