Importing PT profile: Line Too Long error

Official client software for OpenVPN Access Server and OpenVPN Cloud.
Egonieser
OpenVpn Newbie

Importing PT profile: Line Too Long error

Post by Egonieser » Tue May 07, 2013 2:30 pm

Like it says on the headline...

I use private tunnel on my Win7 PC with 50gb subscription and i want to use it on my device (Kindle Fire HD 2nd gen).
Whenever i try to import my profile (UK servers) I get this Line Too Long error when i add the ovpn file and I'm not really sure what causes it, it works flawless on my desktop.
I'm new to all of this and the Help section doesn't provide any info on my problem.

Can someone please help me with some advice in simple and understandable manner since I'm rather new to VPN services and most of the techy bits for Android are on my "to learn list" yet. I'm fine on PCs but android is a whole new creature to me.

Thanks in advance!

elfredyc
OpenVpn Newbie

Re: Importing PT profile: Line Too Long error

Post by elfredyc » Wed May 22, 2013 5:29 pm

Hello,

The "line too long" error may be due to your mobile device's browser not downloading the .ovpn file properly.

If you cannot download it on your mobile browser, you can try downloading the .ovpn file on a desktop (mac or windows) and then emailing the file to yourself and opening the attachment on the mobile. OpenVPN connect should also import .ovpn files sent via email (you can also copy it to an SD card or send it over via USB).
Elfredy Cadapan
OpenVPN, Inc.

gavin73
OpenVpn Newbie

Re: Importing PT profile: Line Too Long error

Post by gavin73 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:51 am

You may use Long Path Tool to copy or delete your file. It really works well in this situation. For more info you may read at PathTooDeep.