building openvpn for centos and windows?

Instructions and tips on how to roll your own client installer.

Moderators: TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech

ricohard
OpenVpn Newbie

building openvpn for centos and windows?

Post by ricohard » Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:48 pm

Hi, can anyone help teach how to build openvpn from source for centos and windows. Centos for server and windows for client.

I want to run sum test and use some building options like --enable-small, --enable-password-save, --disable-eurephia, etc.. Problem is i have very few knowlage about building from source specially unix.

And is it possible to use --disable-lzo, --disable-crypto, --disable-ssl at the same time during building. I'm not going to use it in the actual server for clients since its not secured. Just to test some stuffs. Thanks!

ricohard
OpenVpn Newbie

Re: building openvpn for centos and windows?

Post by ricohard » Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:41 am

Really hoping for someone who can help me. I googled the procedure on buildin in linux but i don't know where to use the command --enable-small and other commands to build found in configure.ac.

janjust
Forum Team

Post by janjust » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:11 am

read up at
https://community.openvpn.net/openvpn/wiki/WikiStart
section 'Getting OpenVPN' on how to build OpenVPN.

The Windows build process is quite similar to the Linux process, except for the tap-win32 driver; if you need to rebuild that driver then additional software and perhaps an official code signing cert are needed (which costs $$$)

ricohard
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by ricohard » Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:21 am

I check that one already but haven't tried it yet. I don't have to recompile the adapter. I can't vuild it now on my server because i still have clients connected but planning to run in other server. Thanks allot. really appreciated it.