client —> serveur openvpn (asus) —> camera reccorder

Need help configuring your VPN? Just post here and you'll get that help.

Moderators: TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech

Forum rules
Please use the [oconf] BB tag for openvpn Configurations. See viewtopic.php?f=30&t=21589 for an example.
Astouka
OpenVpn Newbie

client —> serveur openvpn (asus) —> camera reccorder

Post by Astouka » Wed Mar 24, 2021 1:26 pm

i have an asus router with wrt open vpn built in. I am able to connect with vpn but not to go to my cameras which are simply on a local network, (I block internet access because it is more reliable), but I need to access it anyway via my vpn which is works because I am able to go to my asus router with another connection with the vpn.
i am using the ios client app and the latest wrt router firmware version for my ax56u model.
how can i access my cameras? because I can easily access the modem with vpn and also my cameras, but they must be authorized for internet .. I do not understand because I am able to enter my router so I should be able to reach my local network even if the device does not have internet.

thanks for the help

remre
OpenVpn Newbie

Re: client —> serveur openvpn (asus) —> camera reccorder

Post by remre » Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:34 pm

Does your camera get an IP address within your VPN ? If so, authorize traffic between clients.

TinCanTech
OpenVPN Protagonist

Post by TinCanTech » Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:03 pm

remre wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:34 pm
Does your camera get an IP address within your VPN ?
Name me a camera with built-in OpenVPN support ..

remre
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by remre » Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:01 am

Maybe its cameras are connected to something on which OpenVPN can be installed. That one didn't specify doesn't mean it isn't.