[Solved] NordVPN installed and running however still no internet access

This forum is for general conversation and user-user networking.

Moderators: TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech

jorigel
OpenVpn Newbie

[Solved] NordVPN installed and running however still no internet access

Post by jorigel » Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:54 am

@ TinCanTech

Hi man,
thank You very, very, very much to be so generous to solve that problem:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=26083

You're absolutely right, if a company charges it's users for a service, it's their damned duty to support it.
If You try to get that support the answer of NordVPN is:
Thank you for your reply.
Unfortunately, there is not much that we can help you at this point, the set-up you are trying to do here is outside of our knowledge or assistance scope.
A likely story!

The only question is does that happen:
  • on purpose?
  • by ignorance?
  • or by carelessness?
I thought about it and I think for sure it happens on purpose. Normally You are allowed to hook up to six devices to one account. The openvpn solution opens the possibility to do more (if one is as clever as You and now us because of Your "unerring generosity";-). Now if everybody would use the entry point this way their servers reached the limit of workload much quicker without them making more money. So they don't struggle to help You.

Anyhow, to know this doesn't make it better or easier and as You said a possibility would be to use their money back warranty to try to teach them, but . . .
that doesn't solve the little stupid's problem ;-)

and that is the reason because I'm really honestly thankful that You bit the bullet . . .

low bow of mine
jori gel

TinCanTech
OpenVPN Protagonist

Re: [Solved] NordVPN installed and running however still no internet access

Post by TinCanTech » Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:05 pm

NordVPN also had probably the biggest and stupidest security screw up back in 2018 or 19 ..