PiVPN - Site-to-Site VPN

This forum is for general conversation and user-user networking.

Moderators: TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech

ebnerjoh
OpenVpn Newbie

PiVPN - Site-to-Site VPN

Post by ebnerjoh » Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:19 am

Hi,

I have two networks.

Network A: 192.168.1.0/24
Network B: 192.168.0.0/24

In both networks I have a Raspberry Pi with a PiVPN Installation.

I can connect with "Client-to-Server" to both OpenVPNs and accessing the ressources in each Network.

I want now to setup a Site-2-Site VPN so that I can connect from Network A to Network B (other side around should be denied).

Unfortunatley I was not able to figure our how the config needs to look like, especially with PiVPN.

Br,
Johannes

Pippin
Forum Team

Re: PiVPN - Site-to-Site VPN

Post by Pippin » Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:53 pm

You have it working, then it is a matter of firewall configuration which basically is off topic.
This should help getting started:
https://community.openvpn.net/openvpn/w ... acketsFlow
I gloomily came to the ironic conclusion that if you take a highly intelligent person and give them the best possible, elite education, then you will most likely wind up with an academic who is completely impervious to reality.
Halton Arp

ebnerjoh
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by ebnerjoh » Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:09 am

Hi,

I think there is a missunderstanding.

I have on both OpenVPN a Client-to-Server Config running. thats working (created with the PiVPN add user script)

But I want to connect both OpenVPN instances so that all clients in LAN A can connect to LAN B

ebnerjoh
OpenVpn Newbie

openVPN Site-2-Site Network

Post by ebnerjoh » Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:38 pm

Hi,

I have two seperate Networks:

Network A: 192.168.1.0/24
Network B: 192.168.0.0/24

I want that all clients from network A are reaching Network B

I installed in each network a raspberry Pi with PiVPN (OpenVPN).

Then I have setup a Config on the PiVPN in Network B and imported it on the PiVPN on Network A. Network A PiVPN was successfully connected to PiVPN on Network B.

After I added the following route I was able to ping all clients on Network B from the Raspberry on Network A:

Code: Select all

sudo ip route add 192.168.0.0/24 via 10.8.0.4 dev tun1
Then I thought I am nearly finished and just have to add the default route on the router on network A to point 192.168.0.0/24 to the PiVPN in Network A but unfortunatley not. I cannot reach Network B from any client on Network A, except the PiVPN itself.

What do I miss?

A tracert from a Client on Network A to a Client on Network B shows me that the default route is working, but it got stuck on the PiVPN

Pippin
Forum Team

Post by Pippin » Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:48 pm

Double post merged.

Please see:
viewtopic.php?t=22603
I gloomily came to the ironic conclusion that if you take a highly intelligent person and give them the best possible, elite education, then you will most likely wind up with an academic who is completely impervious to reality.
Halton Arp