Why am ! seeing the client IP from my private network behing acesss server

Business solution to host your own OpenVPN server with web management interface and bundled clients.
droujav
OpenVpn Newbie

Why am ! seeing the client IP from my private network behing acesss server

Post by droujav » Sat May 16, 2020 6:13 pm

Hi,

I have the access server configured as:
Should VPN clients have access to private subnets (non-public networks on the server side)? Yes, Routing
Specify the private subnets to which all clients should be given access (one per line): 222.222.0.0/16
Allow access from these private subnets to all VPN client IP addresses and subnets YES
Should client Internet traffic be routed through the VPN? NO
Should clients be allowed to access network services on the VPN gateway IP address? YES

I have a server, called it serverA, on the private subnet 222.222.0.0 that sees both IPs of the client in its DNS cache, why ?
IP 1 is client primary eth adaptor 10.10.0.5
IP 2 is client VPN IP adaptor 222.333.0.5

I don't want the first one. On serverA, I keep flushing it (ipconfig /flushdns) but it keeps re-appearing... when I ping the client it sometimes tries 10.10.0.5 and fails, and sometimes it gets the VPN IP 222.333.0.5 and it works

All that said, everything works and looks fine, it's just ping that doesn't work half the time and I suspect that under the hood there is unwanted traffic between serverA and the client IP 10.10.0.5

How can I cut off all traffic from 10.10.0.5 ?

Thanks