SESSION ERROR

Business solution to host your own OpenVPN server with web management interface and bundled clients.
manspan
OpenVpn Newbie

SESSION ERROR

Post by manspan » Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:42 pm

hello everybody,
I've installed openvpn access server v2.8.2 on Ubuntu 16.04.6 and bought license for 70 clients.
Everything is working just fine except the Status-->Log reports menu. When I click it I get the following error message:

Sorry, a session error has occurred
It is possible that your session has expired or your login credentials do not allow access to this resource. See error text below for further details:
SESSION ERROR: SESSION: Your session has expired, please reauthenticate (9007)

could anyone help?
regards, Manolis

TonyG
OpenVpn Newbie

Re: SESSION ERROR

Post by TonyG » Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:53 pm

Same issue here.

nerdbitmn
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by nerdbitmn » Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:43 pm

From support, this is an issue for 2.8.2.

A character being logged to the DB is causing issues in the web rendering. Support said the issue is benign and a new release is coming soon.

Pippin
Forum Team

Post by Pippin » Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:54 pm

Thank for reporting it here.
I gloomily came to the ironic conclusion that if you take a highly intelligent person and give them the best possible, elite education, then you will most likely wind up with an academic who is completely impervious to reality.
Halton Arp

fletcho
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by fletcho » Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:57 am

I have the same issue but the upgrade didn't resolve things.

I see the bug was fixed in version 2.8.3 so I upgraded the instance to 2.8.6 (from 2.8.2).

The Session Error still occurs each time I click on the Log Reports link and I suspect this is due to the "character" being in the DB? Can you please share the detail on which character it is so that I can try and recover the DB?

Many thanks!