OpenVPN Connect for Windows 10

Use this forum to share your VPN or network disasters. Show diagrams, traffic graphs, or whatever else you need (a video of you letting the 'smoke' out of our network gear).

Moderators: TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech

just_logging_in
OpenVpn Newbie

OpenVPN Connect for Windows 10

Post by just_logging_in » Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:25 pm

I don't see a support group for OpenVPN Connect Windows 10. I've only found a beta. I'm a freelancer and am trying to log in to a client who claims to be using OpenVPN and has referred me to the OpenVPN client (sending me to the wrong URL at first), given me a profile, certificate, username, and password. Everything worked fine until I tried to import the certificate, and the OpenVPN Connect interface doesn't even recognize it as an option. It's named with the suffix .crt. Is there something I need to do to it to make it acceptable to the VPN client? It seems to be the only thing missing that will allow me to connect. I also have a Mac and Tunnelblick on the Mac handled it beautiful, but alas, I must run Windows to do what they want. Any help you can provide will be deeply appreciated. I'm sorry if this is off-topic. Have a wonderful weekend.

TinCanTech
OpenVPN Protagonist

Re: OpenVPN Connect for Windows 10

Post by TinCanTech » Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:12 pm

just_logging_in
OpenVpn Newbie

Re: OpenVPN Connect for Windows 10

Post by just_logging_in » Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:15 pm

Thank you for your help. Have a nice weekend.