Can't connect with iPhone anymore

Official client software for OpenVPN Access Server and OpenVPN Cloud.
ligistx
OpenVpn Newbie

Can't connect with iPhone anymore

Post by ligistx » Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:26 pm

I am trying to figure out why I can't seem to connect any longer to my pi running ovpn server.

I used to have no issues, then had some issues which were solved by commenting out the compression options in the config IIRC, but now I can't seem to connect once again and I have no idea why. Pi is updated, iphone is updated. Has there been another config issue that I am just not seeing that needs to be edited to get thins working again? I rarely use this connection, but it sure is a pain when I expect it to work and it doesn't :/.

Any help would be fantastic!

nate089
OpenVpn Newbie

Re: Can't connect with iPhone anymore

Post by nate089 » Fri May 03, 2019 4:37 am

Are you getting any error messages?

ligistx
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by ligistx » Fri May 10, 2019 10:49 pm

nate089 wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 4:37 am
Are you getting any error messages?
Nope, it just wont connect. If I don't put a timeout on in the apps settings, it will try for seemingly ever. With a 10 second timeout, I get the "There was an error attempting to connect to the selected server" and asks to cancel or retry.

ligistx
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by ligistx » Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:32 am

Well, I still haven't got this to work... Still no answers!?!?! I can't see how this can be broken for this long and not be fixed, so it has to be a one off instance. But I have no idea what could be wrong.

verstaerker
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by verstaerker » Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:29 am

i also can't connect with my iPhone.
I'm getting an connection Timeout Error.

The same profile works on the Windows App.

I cannot choose a certificate nor I can add one. I only have (beside the open file) an ca.cert - no key or P12 file.

Terb0Tron
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by Terb0Tron » Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:04 am

Same problem here. I've tried creating a new client/re-uploaded my old client. I did upgrade to i0S but it had stopped working a couple of days before that. It used to work great. I can ssh into it without issue.

Fluffyone
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by Fluffyone » Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:38 am

To fix VPN disconnection issues, launch your VPN app, turn off the VPN, and try to reconnect.
If this has no avail, open Settings on your iOS device and slide the VPN slider to Off.
In doing this, I have noticed only certain VPN providers allow for disablement through iOS settings. With SurfEasy, the slider will automatically switch back to On and the status will read connecting....
Also Check Connection and Wifi Network Issues : Slow connection is never any good, and a great VPN service will always strive to deliver a quick, secure connection