Only admin account can connect

Business solution to host your own OpenVPN server with web management interface and bundled clients.
MBSupport
OpenVpn Newbie

Only admin account can connect

Post by MBSupport » Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:17 pm

Hi All, Have a deployment that has worked great up until this morning. OpenVPN Access Server version: 2.5 OpenVPN Connect Client version: 2.5.0.100. As of this morning, I started getting calls that remote users couldn't connect. I rebooted the server and nothing. I was connecting with my admin account just fine. I created a new user account to test with and, like the others, I couldn't connect. No error message. I decided to log into the web interface and download the user-locked profile. I then imported that to the client and was then allowed to connect. Question: Is this how it was supposed to operate the whole time by fluke it allowed us to connect by simply hitting the "Connect..." option and just straight entering a username and PWD? It just strikes me strange that the admin account can do it but not anyone else. Suggestions? Thanks in advance.

MBSupport
OpenVpn Newbie

Re: Only admin account can connect

Post by MBSupport » Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:31 pm

UPDATE: After doing more testing I have found that no one, not even the admin, can connect from a client without using an imported profile. I have not done any updates to the system. Not sure why this started happening all of a sudden.