OneDrive login fails

Business solution to host your own OpenVPN server with web management interface and bundled clients.
tgfrules
OpenVpn Newbie

OneDrive login fails

Post by tgfrules » Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:50 pm

So it seems when I am connected through the OpenVPN (and routing all traffic) I can't login using Microsoft login.

To reproduce I open an Excelsheet or Word document from my OneDrive.
The error message doesn't say much and as soon as I disconnect from the VPN login is working again.

I have not experienced any other issues with the traffic routing before.

Anyone else on this problem ?

novaflash
OpenVPN Inc.

Re: OneDrive login fails

Post by novaflash » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:22 am

Looks to me like somehow the Office services are unavailable while you are connected to your VPN server. Perhaps your VPN server is routing traffic badly. For example, routing 172.16.0.0/16 which is not valid as it also contains public ranges. Or perhaps DNs is not working right. I guess you'll have to dig a little deeper to figure out where the configuration flaw is.
I'm still alive, just posting under the openvpn_inc alias now as part of a larger group.

tgfrules
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by tgfrules » Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:46 pm

I think I need some more concrete tests I can run to narrow down on the issue.

novaflash
OpenVPN Inc.

Post by novaflash » Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:49 pm

Try figuring out what addresses onedrive works with and if your server can access those. And if you mess with that in some way by routing that traffic through your VPN server. And check that the DNS server being used can resolve addresses used by onedrive. You'll have to dig into documentation for this one.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office ... ess-ranges
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/onedri ... -and-ports
I'm still alive, just posting under the openvpn_inc alias now as part of a larger group.