NEWBIE needs help

Business solution to host your own OpenVPN server with web management interface and bundled clients.
Wren
OpenVpn Newbie

NEWBIE needs help

Post by Wren » Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:15 am

Ok everyone. I am an extreme newbie to this. I purchased a Netgear AC1200 yesterday and have been configuring things all day. I have been trying to get the open VPN started. I downloaded openvpn-install-2.4.6-I602. I managed to find how to add the easy-rsa finally in the download. The problem I am having now is Im getting this error

"C:\Program Files\OpenVPN\easy-rsa"' is not recognized as an internal or external command,operable program or batch file.

I have been all over the place trying various things I have found on the internet to fix this issue but nothing has worked so far and I have went back and removed what I did before proceeding to the next one. I really need help on this please.

Also, there was a step about renaming a TAP? I havent been able to figure that out either.

Operating System is"
Windows 10 - 64 bit

blackexpresso
OpenVpn Newbie

Re: NEWBIE needs help

Post by blackexpresso » Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:04 am

Hi Newbie

I 'm not engineer but i can help if you want?

What do you want to do?

You want to install openvpn on Windows? You don't need easyrsa or i don't know better than you..

Just install the soft with tap.

Add some conf files from your vpn servicies [they are xxxx.ovpn file) in the config folder

You can rename tap but you will need admin access. just right clic and rename