LAN-to-LAN Possible?

This forum is for all inquiries relating to the installation of OpenVPN from source and with binaries.

Moderators: TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech

Forum rules
Please visit (and READ) the OpenVPN HowTo http://openvpn.net/howto prior to asking any questions in here!
struct
OpenVpn Newbie

LAN-to-LAN Possible?

Post by struct » Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:08 am

Hi Guys,

Long time user of Openvpn but I never had an opportunity to use OpenVPN to a degree that I want to use it now. I'm venturing into a new territory of trying to have Openvpn Lan-to-Lan setup and I need some guidance. My first question is, do I need a special routers to make this work? or can it be done with two servers talking to one another? I prefer two server method since I can't afford special routers but I do have many old systems laying around. Please give me a good starting point and I will post on the steps I've taken to make this work here in this board so that others that may want to do this later can use it as reference.

Thank you in advance and I'm happy to post my first topic here.

krzee
Forum Team

Re: LAN-to-LAN Possible?

Post by krzee » Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:08 am

you can do this with openvpn
here is how i do it with routed tun
viewforum.php?f=19

struct
OpenVpn Newbie

Re: LAN-to-LAN Possible?

Post by struct » Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:12 am

Oh wow... Thanks krzee
That wiki page already had something that I wanted to do. My configuration between two LAN will have its challenges due to its non standard way of setting up a LAN. But this will get me going. Thanks again for the link.