Slow open VPN Asus 87u

This forum is for general conversation and user-user networking.

Moderators: TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech

jankowalski
OpenVpn Newbie

Slow open VPN Asus 87u

Post by jankowalski » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:43 am

Hello,
I have a problem I have a pair of 2 Asus 87u - one openvpn server the second openvpn client - the latest original software.
The distance between them is about 10 km - I know traceroute and so it goes through another city.
The speed of my ISP 600/60 - via vpna I reach the maximum of 13-21 Mbps - so far I had 300/30 increased to 600/60 thinking that it was the fault of the previous sending 30.
VPN I suppose adjusts to a smaller value - logical meaning here is now 60 was 30.
As it turns out, the Asus 87u does not have hardware encryption support - I read on the net - if this is true, I would like to confirm with you.
What other Asus router you recommend and whether it will reach 45-55Mpbs on it. I've found Asus 86 for the follow-up 68. Has hardware encryption - people write that they reach even over 100Mbps on it - will someone confirm? I do not want to buy in vain.
VPN:
- 128bit
- UDP
the smallest possible encryption, of course.

jankowalski
OpenVpn Newbie

Slow open VPN Asus 87u

Post by jankowalski » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:42 pm

Hello,
I have a problem I have a pair of 2 Asus 87u - one openvpn server the second openvpn client - the latest original software.
The distance between them is about 10 km - I know traceroute and so it goes through another city.
The speed of my ISP 600/60 - via vpna I reach the maximum of 13-21 Mbps - so far I had 300/30 increased to 600/60 thinking that it was the fault of the previous sending 30.
VPN I suppose adjusts to a smaller value - logical meaning here is now 60 was 30.
As it turns out, the Asus 87u does not have hardware encryption support - I read on the net - if this is true, I would like to confirm with you.
What other Asus router you recommend and whether it will reach 45-55Mpbs on it. I've found Asus 86 for the follow-up 68. Has hardware encryption - people write that they reach even over 100Mbps on it - will someone confirm? I do not want to buy in vain.
VPN:
- 128bit
- UDP
the smallest possible encryption, of course.