Ovpngen for Windows

This forum is for general conversation and user-user networking.

Moderators: TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech

artsiom82
OpenVpn Newbie

Ovpngen for Windows

Post by artsiom82 » Sun May 20, 2018 5:07 pm

Hello
Are there any ovpngen for Windows, like https://github.com/graysky2/ovpngen, but for Windows?
Tnks

TiTex
OpenVPN Super User

Re: Ovpngen for Windows

Post by TiTex » Mon May 21, 2018 6:09 pm

why would you bother with something like this ?
if you have a lot of clients and need to generate config for them , you need a better tool than the one you linked, with validation (cert belong to key) , cert signed by ca, etc..., private key encryption, maybe send out email messages with the configuration attached.

FYI , you can use the tool you linked just fine on windows , with cygwin or ubuntu (linux embeded or WSL https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_S ... _for_Linux) on windows.

artsiom82
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by artsiom82 » Fri May 25, 2018 9:57 am

TiTex wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 6:09 pm
why would you bother with something like this ?
if you have a lot of clients and need to generate config for them , you need a better tool than the one you linked, with validation (cert belong to key) , cert signed by ca, etc..., private key encryption, maybe send out email messages with the configuration attached.

tnks for an answer, i forgot about this feature :), but are there any tool that you mentioned?

TiTex
OpenVPN Super User

Post by TiTex » Sun May 27, 2018 6:19 pm

i don't have a script like that , but with some shell scripting it could be done
search on the inter webs i'm sure you can find some examples , i would also search for custom packaging ... do some self extracting installers like pfsense/opnsense does or other firewall appliances that feature openvpn.