Forward eth0 port from client to server

This forum is for general conversation and user-user networking.

Moderators: TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech

860evo
OpenVpn Newbie

Forward eth0 port from client to server

Post by 860evo » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:41 am

Hi community

I've setup a vpn connection through OpenVPN. One laptop at my home and one laptop at my parents home.
I can successfully connect with my laptop at my parents home to my home laptop over the internet.
I've got a device which connects on the ethernet port of my laptop at my parents home and the device gets an ip address. I would like to forward the ethernet port (ip address of the device) to my home laptop through OpenVPN.
I'm stuck on this how to achieve that. Both laptop are running Windows 7 with a simple Netgear router in between.
I've tried to bridge the wifi connection and the lan connection but I don't see the ip address on my server. Did I forget to configure something on the server side?

860evo
OpenVpn Newbie

Re: Forward eth0 port from client to server

Post by 860evo » Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:17 pm

I figured out that I have to setup a bridge. I've followed the openVPN tutorial about bridging but I can't get it to work.
My setup:
Laptop 1 @home (server)
Laptop 2 @parents (client) + device connected (which has an ip address) at ethernet port.

If I understand the tutorial correct I've to create a bridge on the server which I've done. If I understand correctly I don't have to create a bridge on the client?
I'll also post my configuration files.

860evo
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by 860evo » Sun May 13, 2018 7:28 pm

I got everything working :mrgreen:

860evo
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by 860evo » Mon May 14, 2018 11:05 pm

The problem was an error in my configuration.