OpenVPN Client turns off my WiFi

Business solution to host your own OpenVPN server with web management interface and bundled clients.
madams2246
OpenVpn Newbie

OpenVPN Client turns off my WiFi

Post by madams2246 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:32 pm

I have a Windows 10 Lenovo Yoga 460 laptop. I connect to the my wifi hotspot and get proper internet access. I then enable my OpenVPN client and it starts up but it disables my WiFi adapter with what I assume the computer is thinking is a new Ethernet connection. How do I get the OpenVPN client to use the WiFI adapter for internet connectivity and not turn it off?

Thanks in advance.

Mike

madams2246
OpenVpn Newbie

Re: OpenVPN Client turns off my WiFi

Post by madams2246 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:38 pm

This is fixed. The laptop had a wireless switching service installed that automatically disconnected the WifI when the TAP-Windows adapter was initiated. Turning off this service also OpenVPN to use the WiFi for connectivity.

johnjohnson
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by johnjohnson » Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:06 pm

Hi. You seem to have been able to find the OpenVPN Windows Client. Could you post a link where I can download it. It is so well hiden that I cannot find it.

Regards
John.

ADFHAU
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by ADFHAU » Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:14 am

johnjohnson wrote:Hi. You seem to have been able to find the OpenVPN Windows Client. Could you post a link where I can download it. It is so well hiden that I cannot find it.

Regards
John.
  1. https://openvpn.net/
  2. Community (RHS)
  3. Downloads (LHS)
  4. Installer, Windows Vista and later