Can Ping Networked Devices, But Cannot Connect To Them

Need help configuring your VPN? Just post here and you'll get that help.

Moderators: TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech

Forum rules
Please use the [oconf] BB tag for openvpn Configurations. See viewtopic.php?f=30&t=21589 for an example.
pvido
OpenVpn Newbie

Can Ping Networked Devices, But Cannot Connect To Them

Post by pvido » Thu Mar 10, 2016 3:44 pm

I have recently configured OpenVPN on an Araknis AN-300-RT-4L2W Gigabit router. I can connect my client to the gateway via the vpn, and I can ping local ip addresses, as well as manually connect to them via an internet browser.

My problem occurs when I try to connect to a networked device via the "Network" tab in my file explorer (I am running Windows 10). When I click the "Network" tab, no networked devices populate. The only network device I see is my laptop.

Snap AV, who provided the router, said that there is something off with my config file. Through browsing the forums, I also realized that it could be a windows firewall issue as well. After following those instructions however, the issue still persists, and the network is still labeled "Unidentified Network."

Can anybody help me with this issue?

Thanks

Traffic
OpenVPN Protagonist

Re: Can Ping Networked Devices, But Cannot Connect To Them

Post by Traffic » Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:16 pm

pvido wrote:n I try to connect to a networked device via the "Network" tab in my file explorer (I am running Windows 10). When I click the "Network" tab, no networked devices populate
OpenVPN in Tunnel mode does not support this.

DevGirl73
OpenVpn Newbie

Re: Can Ping Networked Devices, But Cannot Connect To Them

Post by DevGirl73 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:20 pm

Traffic wrote:OpenVPN in Tunnel mode does not support this.
Really? Good to know. Thanks.